Your privacy is important to us at Wezoo. We only use your personal data to manage your account and to deliver our products and services to you. We attach great importance to the protection, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect when you use our products and services, why we need this data and how we use it.
Wezoo offers systems with which you can pay for wor time (our “work payment system”) and other services related to work (the “related services”). This privacy statement applies to these services and the related platforms.
Which personal data is collected?
We need certain personal data in order to offer you the best possible work experience. Some of this information is provided directly, for example when you create an account or perform a work action via our mobile application. In addition, we receive certain personal data indirectly via your devices, through the interaction with our services (including via cookies). This allows us to personalize and improve our products. When you create an account with Wezoo, perform a work action or otherwise use our services, we process the following data:
- First and last name;
- Gender (Male/Female/Other/Rather not tell);
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- IP address;
- Phone ID;
- Company name (if applicable);
- Company address (if applicable).
We also receive information from third parties we work with. While our partners may change, these are hosts of work locations and an external payment processor. If applicable, these parties share information about your work action so that we can facilitate your work transactions. This information consists of your Account ID (number), work location, work rate and the start and stop time of your work action.
How do we use your personal data?
We only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, and where applicable, to comply with legal obligations. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Execution of the agreements. We process your personal data to provide you with the work-related products and services of your choice. For example, we use this information to facilitate payment of work costs and to process work transactions.
- Customer support. We use your information to support you in using our services. This includes using personal information to diagnose problems with products, correct wrong transactions, and provide other customer support related services.
- Customer contact and communication. We use your data to communicate with you in connection with our services via email, text messages or other electronic media. For example, you will receive invoices from Wezoo and we can communicate with you to confirm your account, solve problems and invite you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Safety, security and dispute resolution. We use your data to ensure the safety, integrity and protection of our products, services and customers. For example, we process your data to detect and prevent fraud, theft and other abuse of our services. Where appropriate, we may use your information in the context of dispute resolution, to enforce fulfillment of the agreement with you, to enforce our rights against third parties, or to defend ourselves against claims or allegations made by third parties.
- Legal requirements. We can process your information to comply with legal obligations, such as keeping records or to comply with legitimate requests from competent authorities (such as the police / judicial authorities).
- Maintenance, development and incident management. If you experience problem with one of our products or services, we may have to process personal data, such as your name and account ID, to solve the problem in question. We also process your personal data for some internal operational processes, for example when we transfer customer data to a new database.
- Execution of general business processes, internal management and management reporting. In order to carry out our business activities, we use your personal data for general business processes. For example, we process your data for archiving purposes, insurance, management reports, audits and other administrative purposes.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with third parties such as hosts and other partners, depending on the services you use. We share your data:
- To the extent necessary to conduct our business, provide our services and enable our partner services. This includes, for example, carrying out work transactions, collecting payments, providing customer support and communicating with you in connection with our services;
- In cases where you have expressly given us consent to do this;
- If we are lawfully requested to share information with competent authorities under the law.
- To maintain our agreement with you where appropriate. For example, if you have not paid for your work action, we can share your information with a collection agency;
- To enforce our rights toward third parties or defend ourselves against third party claims or allegations;
- To ensure the safety, integrity and protection of our services.
Where is your personal data processed?
Your personal data is stored in the EU for hosting and maintenance and is mainly processed by our staff in the Netherlands. We therefore guarantee that your data and rights are kept in the EU and appropriately protected in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you would like to receive more information about the guarantees implemented by us, please contact our customer support through email@example.com.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected, or as long as is required pursuant to law. If you do not use your account for 24 months, we mark it in our database as “inactive”. In that case, we will no longer actively use your account information, but will archive the account to be able to easily re-activate it should you wish to use our services again in the future.
In case you want to close your account, we ask you to contact our customer support through firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon closure, we will remove your personal information without undue delay except for information that we are obliged to keep pursuant to law. For instance in order to meet statutory administrative retention obligations, we need to keep some of your account related information (e.g. copies of invoices and receipts), for seven years. Data may be retained longer in cases where it is used in relation to a legal claim or is used in relation to a valid legal process.
Access to and management of your personal data
You can view and edit your personal data directly via your personal account. How you can view or manage this personal data depends on the products and services you use. If you cannot access, rectify or erase certain personal data yourself, if you want a copy of your personal data that we process for you or if you want to submit a request for the restriction of processing, you can contact our customer support through email@example.com. We will respond within 30 days of receiving such requests.
Lawful basis for data processing
We only collect and process your personal data when there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis we rely on in this respect includes:
- Contract: the processing is necessary to perform your Service contract;
- Legitimate interest: for example, i) a legitimate commercial interest to process certain of your personal data, e.g. to carry out our business activities; ii) for the benefit of certain forms of direct marketing and profiling; iii) to archive information about your account so that you can re-use your account in the future; iv) if there is a legitimate interest from business or security perspective, e.g. to prevent fraud or abuse of our Services, or for purpose of network and information security of our IT systems;
- Legal obligation: the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation e.g. the legal requirement to keep administrative records for a certain period of time, or the legal obligation to share certain data on a police order for criminal investigation purposes;
- Consent: where you gave explicit consent to process the data concerned, for example – if applicable – to share your data with partners or other third parties for commercial purposes.
If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will discontinue the processing of your information upon receipt of your withdrawal. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. We will not be under the obligation to reverse the processing.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
We can change this Privacy Statement. If we decide to do so, we will notify you of any such change on our website. You can terminate our agreement if you do not agree to these changes.
Questions, concerns and complaints
If you have questions or concerns about the way in which we use your personal data, please contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that a problem has not been adequately addressed, you also have the right to file a
complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
The Wezoo services are offered by Wezoo B.V. established in (3706CA) Zeist, Laan van Vollenhove 19 and registered with the Trade Register under number 75625601. Decisions regarding the purposes and means of the processing of personal data take place at Wezoo B.V., which acts as controller for the processing of these personal data.